post-graduate student of the Department of Tourism and Recreation
of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
Kyoto street, 19, Kyiv, 02156, Ukraine
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3491-4145
THE VECTOR OF TOURISM DEVELOPMENT IN UKRAINEBacgraund. The tourism market of Ukraine, taking on world tendencies, is characterized by increasing in the individualization of demand for tourism services, which makes the tourism enterprises seek innovative products, satisfying needs and providing services to the maximum number of consumers. However, due to the economic instability in Ukraine, the tourism industry is developing at a less rapid pace and has undergone some changes both quantitatively and qualitatively. Therefore, it is necessary to analyze current state of the tourism services market and the prospects for its development.
The aim of the article is to analyze the market of tourism services of Ukraine in the context of the main economic indicators that characterize the tourism industry, identify the main barriers that hinder its development and directions of state activity in the field of tourism.
Materials and methods. The basis of the scientific article was the domestic and foreign statistical collections, works of domestic scientists who are investigating the current state of the tourism services market. The article uses methods of analysis and synthesis, logical generalization, comparison, system approach.
Results. The present state of the market of tourism services of Ukraine is analyzed on the basis of domestic and foreign statistical information, in particular: the dynamics of tourist flows, the number of tourists, the contribution of tourism to the GDP of the country, the amount of investment in the tourism industry, etc. The main barriers hindering its development and main directions of further activity of the state in the field of domestic tourism are revealed.
Conclusion. According to the results of the study, the main barriers to the development of the tourism services market, both external and internal, were identified.
Taking into account the existing barriers, the state should first of all help to eliminate the problems hindering the development of tourism business, which will allow to increase the amount of revenues from tourism and the sector’s share in GDP of the country. The strategic planning of tourism development should take into account all the aspects in which Ukraine takes on the position of an outsider in world rankings. Due to well-considered and consistent state policy, the country has every chance to improve its brand position.
Keywords: tourism service, market of tourism services, development of tourism, tourist flows, branch of tourism.
- Zabaldina, Iuliia, & Tkachenko, Tatiana (2015). Tourism Destinations Management in the Context of Ukrainian Crisis/ Knowledge – Economy – Society. Challenges of Contemporary Economies in the Face of Global Market Conditions. R. Borowiecki (Eds.), A. Jaki. P. Lula. Krakow: Foundation of the Cracow University of Economics [in English].
- Mazaraki, A. A., & Mel’nychenko, S. V. (2015). Turyzm v Ukrai’ni: vyklyky kryzy [Tourism in Ukraine: The Challenges of the Crisis]. Visnyk Kyi’vs’kogo nacional’nogo torgovel’no-ekonomichnogo universytetu – Herald of the Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, 2, 5-15 [in Ukrainian].
- Mazaraki, A. A., & Mel’nichenko, S. V. (2018). Turisticheskij rynok Ukrainy v uslovijah evrointegracii [The tourist market of Ukraine in terms of European integration]. Jekonomicheskij rost Respubliki Belarus’: globalizacija, innovacionnost’, ustojchivost’ – Economic growth of the Republic of Belarus: globalization, innovation, sustainability. (May 17). ХІInternational Scientific and Practical Conference. Minsk: BGJeU [in Russian].
- Myhajlichenko, G. I. (2014). Upravlinnja innovacijnym rozvytkom turystychnyh pidpryjemstv [Management of innovative development of tourist enterprises]. ExtendedabctractofDoctor’sthesis. Kyi’v [inUkrainian].
- Mal’s’ka, M. P., Rutyns’kyj, M. J., Bilous, S. V., & Mandjuk (2014). Ekonomika turyzmu: teorija ta praktyka [Tourism Economics: Theory and Practice]. Kyi’v: Centr uchbov. l-ry [inUkrainian].
- Gorina, G. O. (2017). Rozvytok rynku turystychnyh poslug v Ukrai’ni v umovah prostorovoi’ poljaryzacii’ [Development of tourism services market in Ukraine in terms of spatial polarization]. Doctor’s thesis. Дніпро[in Ukrainian].
- Kozubova, N. V. (2014). Turystychni poslugy jak ob’jekt rynkovyh vidnosyn v Ukrai’ni [Tourist services as an object of market relations in Ukraine]. Innovacijna ekonomika – Innovative economy, 2, 137-143[in Ukrainian].
- Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrai’ny [State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. (n.d.). ukrstat.gov.ua. Retrieved from www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Institute for Economics and Peace. (n.d.). economicsandpeace.org. Retrieved from www.economicsandpeace.org [in Ukrainian].
- Oficijnyj sajt Brand Finance [Official site Brand Finance]. (n.d.). brandfinance.com. Retrieved from www.brandfinance.com [in Ukrainian].
- World Travel &Tourism Council (WTTC). (n.d.). wttc.org. Retrieved from www.wttc.org [in English].
- Hlushko, V. O. (2017). Informacijni tehnologii’ v turystychnomu biznesi [Information technology in the tourism business]. Naukovyj visnyk Poltavs’kogo universytetu ekonomiky i torgivli – Scientific herald of the Poltava University of Economics and Trade,5 (84),167-172 [in Ukrainian].
- The Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report, 2013-2018. (n.d.). weforum.org. Retrieved from www.weforum.org [in English].