UDC 159.955:37.091.33Dmytro ANTIUSHKO,
Candidate of Technical Sciences, Associate Professor of Department of Commodity Studies, Safety and Quality Management of the Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics
Doctor of Philological Sciences, Professor, Vice-Rector of the scientific work, Professor of the Department of Romance Philology of the International Independent University of Moldova
METHOD OF ASSOCIATIVE THINKING IN EDUCATION
Background. Modern conditions of the globalization processes development, the latest informational and technical resources and technologies create new challenges and tasks for the education system. This makes the necessity of innovative theoretical and practical aspects of pedagogical activities implementation. The tuition of specialists with the competencies and personal qualities, which are appropriate for competitive market environment conditions, must become its final result. One of the interactive teaching approaches usage ways is the associative thinking method. It can be applied in the higher education system in particular when analyzing the problems of the current state of affairs in a certain field or activity.
The aim of the article is to study the methodology and analyze the main principles of using the method of associative thinking, to identify its features and benefits for raising the level of knowledge and practical skills of students, to more fully engage their attention and interest in the learning process.
Materials and methods. The general scientific and special methods of scientific research, including analysis and synthesis, logical, systematization, comparison and structural and system analysis were used.
Results. As a result of free associations appearance, a human being receives individual connections between the components of a certain task or problem and pre-acquired experience, the ideas, vision variants of situations or processes, possibilities for further activity can be received. Reasonable for the education system, in particular the higher one is the practical application of the associative thinking method, which will allow more efficient use of education.
The use of this practical training method includes the following step-by-step algorithm of actions: a brief re-analysis of the presented earlier material, the formulation of the object by the teacher, the conditions and principles of the establishment of associations-problems, their free definition and reflection in written form by the students in turn about 3 times, their election of the most priority ones among 3 proposed and an explanation why such a choice was made, the generation of ideas about solutions, solving of the selected problem situation by the participants and presentation of the elaborated proposals.
Basing on the conducted analysis of the principles of using the associative thinking method, its features and advantages, it has been established that it is an effective, easy for understanding and attracting the students’ attention as a component of increasing interactivity during classes. Its application during the process of studying social (public) and applied groups of educational disciplines is actual, where the evaluation of certain processes and phenomena, determination and evaluation of promising directions for further development is conducted.
Conclusion. The method of associative thinking is one of the innovative ways of teaching. Its application is effective in studying the specifics and mastering the problematic material or rendered on an independent work. The advantages of its implementation are: to stimulate the development of creative, oratorical and adaptive abilities, memorization, statement and positioning of personal opinion, increase of professional vocabulary, gamification of classes and, consequently, improvement of the quality of education. Based on the analyzed material, implementation of the proposed method in the practice of higher education institutions is recommended.
Keywords: interactive methods, associations, associative thinking method, idea generation, presentation of proposals, proposals discussion.
- Shatun, V. T. Koncepcija navchannja vprodovzh zhyttja jak vyznachal’nyj element strategii’ Jevropejs’kogo Sojuzu shhodo formuvannja konkurentospromozhnogo suspil’stva [The concept of lifelong learning as a key element of the European Union’s strategy for building a competitive society]. Retrieved from http://official.chdu.edu.ua/article/viewFile/107804/102760 [in Ukrainian].
- Pritulska, N.,& Antiushko, D. (2017). The application of Meetoo internet-platform in educational process. Visnyk KNTEU – Herald KNUTE,6. 100–106 [in Englihs].
- Sysojeva, S. O. (2015). Pedagogichni tehnologii’ profesijnoi’ pidgotovky fahivciv [Pedagogical technologies of professional training of specialists]. Hmel’nyc’kyj : Litera [in Ukrainian].
- Sysojeva, S. O. (2016). Interaktyvni tehnologii’ navchannja doroslyh [Interactiveadultlearningtechnologies]. Kyi’v : EKMO [in Ukrainian].
- Komar, O. A. Interaktyvni metody jak innovacijna skladova suchasnoi’ dydaktyky [Interactive methods as an innovative component of modern didactics]. Retrieved from http://dspace.udpu.edu.ua:8080/jspui/bitstream/6789/379/1/interakt_inov_skladov.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Atanaseseu, C. Interactive teaching-learning methods in the interdisciplinary approach. Retrieved from https://www.upit.ro/_document/4820/paper_2.pdf [in Englihs].
- Buitendijk, S. Innovative teaching for world class learning/ Learning and teaching strategy. Retrieved from https://www.imperial.ac.uk/media/imperial-college/about/leadership-and-strategy/vp-education/public/LearningTeachingStrategy.pdf [in Englihs].
- Layne, P., & Lake, P. (2015). Global innovations of teaching and learning in higher education. New York : Springer International Publishing [in Englihs]. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-10482-9
- Pyshko, O. L. Interaktyvni metody navchannja jak sposib rozvytku tvorchyh zdibnostej [Interactive teaching methods as a way of developing creative abilities]. Retrieved from https://www.narodnaosvita.kiev.ua/?page_id=2257 [in Ukrainian].
- Zaslans’ka, S. A. (2016). Innovacijni pedagogichni tehnologii’ [Innovative pedagogical technologies]. Uzhgorod : Vatra [in Ukrainian].
- Morrow, L. Making lectures more interactive. Retrieved from https://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_148140_en.pdf [in Englihs].
- Swanger, D. Innovations in higher education : can colleges really change? Edinburg : PBS Newshour [in Englihs].
- Bystrova, Ju. V. (2015). Innovacijni metody navchannja u vyshhij shkoli Ukrai’ny [Innovative teaching methods in higher education of Ukraine]. Pravo ta innovacijne suspil’stvo – Right and innovative society, 1 (4), 27–33 [in Ukrainian].
- Integrovane navchannja: tematychnyj i dijal’nisnyj pidhody [Integrated Learning: Thematic and Activity Approaches]. Retrieved from http://nus.org.ua/articles/ integrovane- navchannya-tematychnyj-i-diyalnisnyj-pidhody [in Ukrainian].
- Goncharenko, S. U. Ukrai’ns’kyj pedagogichnyj slovnyk [UkrainianPedagogicalDictionary]. Retrieved from https://hum.edu-lib.com/szbrannoe/goncharenko-s-u-ukrayinskiy-pedagogichniy-slovnik-onlayn [in Ukrainian].
- Levchenko, T. I. (2015). Jevropejs’ka osvita: konvergencija ta dyvergencija [European education: convergence and divergence]. Vinnycja : Nova knyga [in Ukrainian].